Lust.
These days I've been sitting around in my flat so often, I start imagining how I can remodel it.
When we first renovated, I toyed with the idea of an 'Eclectic' theme, otherwise known in local context as 'chap ba lang' ;) It means selecting individual elements from a variety of styles.

This would let me collect all the vintage retro stuff that I like. But Hubby was not enthusiastic about having a cluttered home, so we compromised on having a 'modern retro' look instead.
But recently I've been thinking about furniture pieces I would REALLY like to own. It all started when I spotted this at Ikea:

A very 'art deco' dining table set at only $495!!!! And it's so cool that all the chairs wrap around the table and fit perfectly. Alas... no space for it at home, or I would have bought it already :(
Also revisited a memory from my childhood... the rattan swing.

An aunt used to have it at her home and I would sit inside for hours. I still love the idea of being able to chill out while swinging gently in it, looking out of my full-length living room window. Boyboy will look cute sitting in it too! (Of course under my supervision.)
Alas, Hubby finds the flat too cluttered already, and horrors! The thought of drilling a hole in the ceiling to fix it up!
I haven't given up the idea though. Maybe later, if we end up staying long in this flat.
Thought of converting an old sewing machine base into a table too. Saw the parts at a 2nd-hand garang guni shop when sourcing for my flat almost 3 years ago... but gave up the idea cos it didn't fit into the 'modern retro' theme :(

I also covet a statement chair. Retro of course, but I'm still undecided on exactly what type I want. Saw someone discard a rounded sofa the other day at my garbage centre, nearly picked it up to reupholster and keep, hee hee. Hubby would have gotten a heart attack.
One of these :)

Just thinking about the possibilities makes me drool! :D Some fantasizing in my mundane stay-at-home-mum life...
Labels: Designing My Future, Homebody