Aiyoh, came online today and realised it's been almost 2 months since I last blogged. Time really flies!
Boy Boy is getting more active now, and coming online has become a chore, as any extra time would be better spent resting while I can.
A long due photo:

Yes, my last miserable ounce of breast milk. In fact, not even one ounce. I am now officially not breast-feeding.
Boy Boy stopped latching on some time ago as he got lazy. Suckling is a lot of work compared to drinking from a bottle. I had been sustaining my supply through pumping but it got less and less and I finally gave up.
Been analysing my failure to BF (breastfeed) properly, and listed the reasons down. I wish someone had warned me about these earlier, and so am sharing them with any future mums-to-be:
(1) I decided to sleep during my 2 days in hospital after delivery because I was so tired. Should have instead persevered and kept baby in the room with me to get BFing going early. Nurses ended up feeding baby milk powder.
(2) Letting confinement nanny sleep with baby during 1st month. Should have slept with baby so BFing could go on round the clock to establish a proper supply.
(3) Letting nanny close the door to baby's room. I would go to baby for BFing, only to be told she had already fed him milk powder while the door was closed. 'Didn't want to disturb me when I was resting' ;6
(4) Not catching the nanny early when she started using bottle for baby. Had told her to feed using cup or spoon :(
(5) Not catching the nanny early when she used pacifier on baby overnight. Created nipple confusion and interfered with BFing.
(6) Being too nice to whack the nanny!!!
(7) Being the sole care-giver, couldn't find the time to pump and keep supply going when baby stopped latching on. So it's really important to have help around.
Rather disappointed and a little guilty that I am not giving Boy Boy as much immunity-boosting breast milk as possible. But what to do. Try again with the next baby ;) Don't think I would want to use a nanny again. PUI!!!
Labels: I'm A Mummy