I am blogging in the dark, trying to type as softly as I can. This is because Boy Boy is sleeping in his 'di lam' bed next to my platform bed. The weather has been horrible the last few days, so we've switched on the aircon so he can get better sleep and less heat rash all over.
Hogging the bed tonight, as Hubby has fallen sick due to the fickle temperature changes. It's the second time these few weeks. So he's sleeping in the guest room to avoid passing the bug to us, as well as avoid the aircon, which he finds freezing.
I was rather pissed when he first fell sick last weekend. It was Deepavali and Monday was a school holiday. Was actually looking forward to having him at home for 3 days to share the load of taking care of Boy Boy. Especially the night feeds, so that I can get some much-awaited sleep. I ended up having to take care of an extra person :( Not that it's his fault.
Same thing happened this weekend, but I am feeling better today and am actually logging on while waiting to wake Boy Boy up for his 1 am feed. At least I'm getting something done! :D
As Boy Boy is taking formula, his feeds are about 3 hours apart during the day. At night, I feed him at 12 or 1am, and he lasts til 5 or 6am in the morning. He used to go back to sleep after the morning feed, but recently he's been awake after it... which means I have to crawl out of bed with him although I am nodding off.
Supposedly mummies are to sleep when their babies sleep. But it's difficult to catch a nap during the day as there are chores to be done even if Boy Boy is napping. E.g. doing his laundry, cleaning the floor, washing and sterilizing his bottles.
Really admire those mummies who breastfeed = feeding every 2 hours even at night. How to function????!!!
As with anything, with enough practice you get used to it. I am used to being sleep-deprived now. But that's not the same as liking it! A bit worried about becoming haggard and chao4 lao3 :(
Ah, but bo bian.
It's time to wake Boy Boy up... Goodbye!
Labels: Homebody, I'm A Mummy