Wed 26 August
==============
My 'show' comes in the middle of the night during a rainstorm. The loosening of this mucus plug from my cervix means the cervix is starting to open for the baby's exit.
Thurs 27 August
==============
Gynae sticks his fingers into my cervix (AGAIN!!!!) and announces that I am 2cm dilated. Predicts that I will go into labour over the weekend, probably Sunday. Fixes an appointment for Monday in case I do not.
Fri, Sat, Sun
==============
Baby no show.
Mon 31 August
==============
7am:
I reach KK for McDonald's breakfast and eat a sausage mcmuffin meal.

7.45am:
Check into the delivery suite and wait for the gynae.

9.30am:
Gynae arrives and checks my cervix (yes, again) and announces I am 3.5cm dilated. Apparently I was already having contractions, but I wasn't feeling them. He proceeds to break my waterbag and let the amniotic fluid gush out. Also puts me on drip for oxytocin, to accelerate my contractions.

11.30am:
Nurse checks my cervix (yes, why don't all of you take turns) and announces I am 5cm dilated. I ask for the epidural (painkiller) to be inserted into my back as the contractions were killing me!

1pm:
Another nurse checks my cervix (who's next?) and announces I am 7cm dilated.
2+pm:
Start feeling the pain again. Realised that the epidural wasn't really working for me as I could still lift my legs up and wave them in the air. New nurse checks my cervix (yawn) and says I am 10cm fully dilated. She suggests turning my epidural down by half so I can 'feel enough' to push. I wanted to tell her "You siao ah??!!!" but instead waved my legs to show her it wasn't necessary.
3+pm:
Gynae came in and started delivery process once my contractions got strong enough. Pounded my tummy with each contraction while I took deep breaths and pushed. Told me to stop when Boy Boy's head came out. I stopped. But Boy Boy slid out before gynae had a chance to loosen his shoulders from my cervix.

4.22pm:
Boy Boy is born!
Mummy is torn!
Gynae is shocked! And proceeds to quickly sew me up, shaking his head and saying "Aiyoh" all the while. He used 5 threads. Dunno how many stitches. Impatient baby!

All in all, about 7 hours of labour :)
I hope the pain from my stitches go away soon :(((


Labels: I'm A Mummy