Yes you heard right. But it's not what you're thinking.
The weather has been so hot lately, and coupled with my high pregnancy body temperature, I start to sweat even
while I am taking my shower. So Hubby and I have settled into a routine to bathe only just before sleep, and hiding in our aircon bedroom after that.
But sometimes it is still a bit early, or we have to wait for our hair to dry after washing it. To kill time we used to read or play boardgames, but have exhausted our supply of boardgames --- became quite boring after a while.
After re-arranging our 'playroom' into Boy Boy's room, the TV was moved onto our platform bed as that was the only available space left. Hubby hence hit upon the idea of gaming in bed.
I had bought this pirated playstation system a few years ago from a dodgy pushcart uncle in Pearls' Centre. It cost me only about $49 and I coverted it because it contained the old-school arcade type games :D But somehow I never got around to playing it.

Do not be misled by the cover as I was. 76000 games in 1? Pui!!! It's basically about 20 games, repeated under different names. Ok lah, have to give the Ah Bengs credit for being creative with some of the names ;)
Hubby had played many of the games when he was younger, so now it's super irritating that he is beating me in many of them when we play 2-player rounds.

He has also dug up his old games, which surprising can be loaded into the pirated set. Haha! His game catridges were pirated too, so he made his own casings for them as a child.

My favourite game now is called 'Arithmetics', which is sort of a Maths competition game. The gorilla in the centre will give a number, say "67", and each player has to climb around the vines collecting numbers and +-etc in the correct order. The winner is the one who arrives at the answer first.
It gets quite challenging if you choose the Advanced setting where the answer is 3 figures, and there are positive and negative values.

Quite fun! But I should know better than to play against a Maths teacher. More or less forgot my multiplication tables already :6
Labels: Homebody, Nostalgic Nut, Pregnancy