Copper is becoming more and more like a ninja cat. He is always so calm and stealthy (except for some crazy moments), watching and observing the on-goings from wherever he is perched. If you catch him staring and stare back, sometimes he will give a "mmm?" or a "yeowk!" as if to say "le kuah simi?"
Hubby and I have fun trying to catch him unaware and provoking this reaction ;) After being pregnant I've caught him a few times staring at my tummy. I think he must be wondering what illness Mummy is down with.

I would like to think of him as my guardian angel :) Sometimes when I'm napping on the sofa, Copper would come around and sniff at me, then put a paw on me as if to check "你没事吧?" If I react to him, he then goes away satisfied. Sometimes he would also insist on squeezing in and sleeping with me.

Nowadays Copper has also become rather sticky, preferring to follow and sit in the same room as me. As I'm typing this, he is sleeping at my feet. Not sure if it's because he can sense a baby coming i.e. insecurity... but I don't think the cats know I'm pregnant.

When Hubby goes to work in the mornings, Copper would also meow unceasingly outside my bedroom door, sometimes scratching at it vigorously. Hubby told me that one afternoon when I was napping in the bedroom, Copper sat at attention outside it for a whole 10 minutes before giving up!
Labels: Animals Were Here First, Pregnancy