I was happily using my handphone on Tuesday when it suddenly hung. Repeated attempts to restart it by removing and re-inserting the battery didn't work. Neither did the 'old school' method of banging it hard with my palm.
So yesterday I lugged my huge tummy all the way to the Nokia 'care centre' at Century Square, braving the weekend crowd. But I didn't even get to step into the shop. A Filipino lady stopped me and asked if she could help. Taking a look at my phone model, she straightaway said that they are not fixing this model anymore as no more spare parts are being produced.
"Er... okay.... but maybe you just need to reset the chip or something," I wanted to say. But a Filipino male staff came over to chat with her and she decided not to give me further attention.
My handphone, Nokia 7390, is a grand old age of 2.5 years old, an eternity in terms of mobile lifespan. Most people upgrade their phones much more frequently than that. I didn't see the need to change it as it was working well, except for once when it also hung. It was also a birthday gift from Hubby, when he was still 'the boyfriend', that very year we got married.

Alas, Nokia has proven itself unstable again. Seems like hanging is a very common problem with Nokia phones. Since even their own staff is not interested to help, I don't see why I should help them by patronising their brand. Disappointed with Nokia. I've been a loyal supporter, using their phones ever since I started owning one, but this time, enough is enough!
So I've decided to switch brands. Wanted to get a HTC Cruise but too ex :((( Then came across this... and have ordered it online from Singtel. Coming on Thursday morning!

It's a sleek touch-screen phone in surprise surprise, pink again. At the price of $138 after trade-in, I figure it'll be a good progression from the medieval button-phone, and yet not too much a price leap to e.g. the high-tech iPhone.
Labels: Cynic In The House, Nostalgic Nut