She is one of the judges in my favourite talent competition 超级星光大道 One Million Star, and one very talented lady. I like her calm and nurturing disposition, as well as her forte in composing and harmonising.
I am in awe that she can create such moving compositions working with just super short lyrics. Although I wouldn't label her as a good singer haha. Mostly she completes both lyrics and melody herself.
This is the first song of hers that I have an impression of. Very meaningful lyrics.
This next song is a classic of hers which reflected her thoughts at the time of her divorce. Very simple, yet heart-wrenching.
"改变“
街上的行人匆匆忙忙 此刻的画面是无声的世界
我故意装作不在乎 不在乎你和她的一切
我失去了你这是一开始就知道的剧情 我失去了你也失去过去拥有的回忆 这样的改变你怎麽从来不知道
This last song, I would think, is her most famous tune. The theme song from the movie "心动" Tempting Heart. Lyrics by 林夕, who did most of Faye Wong's songs. I feel that the song matches the movie extremely, extremely well.
Super tear-jerker movie about growing pains! I dare you to watch the movie and tell me you didn't shed a tear. Great directing by Sylvia Chang, and I believe, best acting ever by Takeshi Kaneshiro ;) Really hated Karen Mok's bitchy character in the show.