At my final gynae visit last night, Dr. John Tee said that Boy Boy would be arriving this weekend. Latest latest Monday morning, which is when he has slotted us to prick my water bag if Boy Boy still doesn't come.
He reached this conclusion after doing a cervix examination for me. Which BTW, hurts like hell! He literally stuffed his fingers into my cervix and managed to stick 2 fingers in. I.E. 2cm dilated. Apparently the nurses at KK will continue to do that when I am in labour, to gauge how many cm my cervix has opened and whether I can start pushing the baby out.
Okaaaaaay... I was totally not prepared for this 'molestation', but I guess it's necessary. Like my MIL says, after women give birth, they become super thick-skinned already, because they have been so 'exposed'. Haha! Anyway I took revenge on Dr. Tee by grabbing and squeezing his other arm like crazy to relieve my pain ;)
---------------
Now that Boy Boy isreally coming, my mix of anticipation and apprehension have really come to a peak. Can't wait to start the next phase of my life, yet very worried about the labour process, my health recovery, baby's health, and whether I will be a good parent.
It's also time to take stock of what I've experienced this past 10 months, which frankly speaking, seemed to have passed by so very quickly. I think I will be very un-used to the feeling of having no movements in my tummy.
Being pregnant has made me talk to strangers more often. Or rather, reply to them when they chat me up about my pregnancy. Aunties from random passers-by to shop-owners have queried me about the gender of my baby, and offered their analyses of whether the baby has reached the 'engaged' position in my pelvis. Quite amusing if you think about it.
Pregnancy has also made me realise that I'm more important to some people than I expected. Like the girlfriends who popped in with homemade cheese cakes to relieve my cravings when they saw it mentioned on Facebook.
My mother's sister also visited for the first time. She bought so many baby accessories from Philips Avent for us, although she has been retrenched and the items are not cheap. Also prepared lots of herbal wines and bee hoon for my confinement nanny to use for cooking.
It's really a cocktail of emotions. Don't really know what else to write. I'm sure there'll be more to say once I start on the parenting roadtrip next week. EEPS!!!! IT'S JUST NEXT WEEK!!!!!!
Ending off with a CTG recording of Boy Boy's heartbeat done last night at gynae's. Gynae says he is very active ;)