Pregnant women are hot. Literally. Our body temperatures rise as we become sort of an incubator for the babies inside us.
So every day I've been sweating buckets, so much so that I've resorted to appropriating Hubbby's cotton handkerchieves for my use, going through even 2 of them on especially sweltering days.
This also means that it is virtually impossible for me to sleep nowadays without switching on the aircon (sorry Mother Earth!), else I'll totally soak the bedsheets and mattress, not to mention end up with rashes all over.
Poor Hubby, who's susceptible to cold, has no choice but to bear with the freeze. As I told him, it's actually a logical solution. If he's cold, he can always pile on more layers. But if I'm hot, I can't peel off my skin ;)

As a compromise we switch on the aircon at 16 degrees celsius for the first 30 minutes, then adjust it to 26 degrees for the rest of the night. This way the room will be cooled down quickly, and we won't be killing the earth too much. Of course, Hubby's concerned about the electricity bill as well.
At 26 degrees, Hubbby wears his long-sleeved thick cotton top, not unlike winter wear. He also cocoons himself up in the blanket. Me? I sleep in tank-top and shorts, without a blanket. It's too hot!
This contrast amuses me :) I would like to lower the temperature even further so I can cocoon in my blanket and sleep cosily. But then Hubby will become frozen.
Once I was so tired I fell asleep without adjusting the aircon. The next day Hubby complained of being damn cold, and we couldn't figure out why, until we looked at the airon control. Haha sabo!
Labels: Pregnancy