Being stuck at home nowadays, I figured it would be easier to order tingkat dinner for Hubby and I, rather than strain my mind on what to cook for dinner every night. Preparing dinner also takes up a good part of the late afternoon and evening, and leaves me tired and grumpy, especially if I need to do the washing-up as well when Hubby is busy with brought-home work.
So when a caterer dropped us a flyer with tingkat promotional trial, I jumped on it. Just $99 for 20 days of dinner for two, including 3 dishes and a soup. But as my brother-in-law likes to say... CHEAP THING, NO GOOD!
The
menu from Serin Catering looked ok. But slowly all the dishes started tasting the same... tasting of the same MSG. The soups also all tasted the same; like plain water with MSG and random pieces of vegetables bobbing around in them. The dishes came in sambal, sambal, and more sambal. Sambal fishball. Sambal fish. Sambal chicken. Sambal sotong. Sambal kangkong.

Hubby started getting an unknown rash that popped up all over his body. Doctor said it was an allergy, but to what, we had no idea. But the timing coincided with the start of our tingkat service. I got so sick of the food; hardly healthy and nutritious as stated in the menu. Menu also changed 'subject to conditions'.
So 3 weeks into the service, with another 2 weeks to go, I said "bye bye" to Serin. You can keep the money. The great service I experienced when booking with them disappeared in an instant; no reply to my email, no phone call, no nothing. Talk about a bitter breakup. Oh well.
Hmm. Hubby's rashes have not appeared since. And I am so glad I can go back out and grab whatever dinner I crave!
Labels: Cynic In The House, Homebody