Since I'm on the topic of food hygiene, let me count the eatery stalls at my nearest coffeeshop. This is the only one within walking distance from my flat, although it's technically another estate away.
Stall 1: Chicken rice and porridge
Stall 2: Western food
Stall 3: Char kuey teow, carrot cake, hokkien mee, oyster omelette
Stall 4: Indian food
Stall 5: Seafood zi char
Stall 6: Muslim food and nasi lemak
Stall 7: Pasta and pizza
Stall 8: Fishball noodles, lor mee, laksa, fish bee hoon
Stall 9: Economy rice
Stall 10: Fried bee hoon nasi lemak

There are a total of 9 stalls, but the ones that I actually patronise are dwindling. Because:
Stall 1: Spotted cockroach running all over the utensils tray; they pour containers of MSG into the porridge.
Stall 2: Super oily
Stall 3: Saw them pouring cooked sotong into dirty sink, then scoop the sotong back for cooking!
Stall 4: -
Stall 5: -
Stall 6: Open display of food is playground for houseflies
Stall 7: -
Stall 8: Ordered noodle soup once, only to find more than 20 small worms floating in it, apparently from unwashed vege. Showed it to the stall-owners, who waved me away and told me to take the bowl away from their stall! >:(
Stall 9: -
Stall 10: Super oily
Which means I only have 4 stalls left to choose from, for 2 meals a day, 7 days a week. HELP!!!! So sian. Especially now that I am pregnant and at home, I have to be more careful about hygiene and nutrition value :(((
Labels: Cynic In The House, Homebody