There are so many things to watch out for when buying a new flat. For one, be careful not to choose a unit that is just beside the lift lobby. Like mine.
Anyone exiting or entering the lifts has a clear view of my laundry because the layout is just like that. Not just my unit, but also the symmetrical unit next to ours.
I used to be really thrifty with regards to my underwear. Hee hee, I would wear them until they had holes in them. But after shifting into my new place, I've had to throw them away once the holes become too obvious. Or else my neighbours will know! Although I don't know how or why that would matter. So what if they know? But still paisey lah.
Because I've become a bit of a voyeuristic kaypoh neighbour myself. After Stupid Rude Man moved out (see
previous post), a couple moved into his unit.

We've been very curious about them since. Not our fault, as our master bathroom window is well-aligned and if we stand on the bathtub, we can look straight into their kitchen (which also means vice-versa, eeps!)
Since they moved in, they have been throwing parties like nobody's business. Groups of guests come and go, and they would close all the windows, switch on the aircons and play booming music that blasts out their main door whenever someone opens it. They even had a house-warming buffet that encroached near to our main door, without inviting any of the neighbours to join in. How's that for neighbourly behaviour?
So far the intelligence that we've gathered:
- Their names (the wife told me once when we met at the lift lobby)
- They are active in church (they hold gatherings for teens from Sunday Class/cell group in their home)
- The wife runs a home business in some beauty service (manicure? facial? still figuring it out)
- The wife wears really really small red underwear (as seen on her bamboo poles), although she isn't that small-sized ahem.
And that, my friends, is the reason why I am so conscious about my laundry nowadays.
Labels: Boredom Relief, Homebody