Today I'm going to ramble about something very close to women's hearts, an item that often causes disagreements between the two genders. Shoes.

There was a phase in my teens when I started collecting pairs just because they were special or looked nice, even if the style didn't suit me. Then years later I discovered to my horror that they had turned moldy and disintegrated in situ in my mum's shoe cabinet. The guilt! And money wasted. So I made a resolution not to do such silly things again.
Alas, as resolutions are made to be broken, I relapsed into this habit when I entered the workforce. Buying new shoes using my hard-earned cash became a reward I treated myself to regularly. After all, I justified, I needed shoes to match my office wear and it was important for young ladies to stay fashionable. Hee hee.
And so I fell into another trap --- buying good-looking shoes that were horrible to wear! I was wrong to think that if I bought shoes from reputable chains in shiny shopping centres, they would perform to a proper standard. But no. They still cut into heels, rub blisters out of thin air, build up calluses and squashed toes. Hence pair after pair of new shoes were banished back into their shoe boxes. Deja vu.
Now that I've left the office scene, I've decided that enough is enough! No more money wasted on useless shoes and boxes of Handiplast. I've reverted to the most comfortable of the category: sports shoes and canvas school shoes. The China-made latter is available from the Outram temporary market for just $4.20. What a coup!
Let's see, so I have 1 pair of Adidas sports shoes and 1 pair of white canvas school shoes. Can't buy more of the former cos they are too expensive. That makes all of... 2 pairs -__-"

And so I ventured back into the shoe section of BHG Tampines last Saturday.
(BHG, btw, stands for Be Here for Good Things. Hello? LC alert!) Happily I went around browsing shoes that had no heels, had cushioned soles, preferably the wrap-around type...
Then I realized that aunties and I were looking at the same shoes!!! *THUNDER LIGHTNING ENLIGHTENMENT FLASH* Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Labels: Being Random