1:18 pm Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Another one bites the dust
Just found out that another NAFA classmate has picked up smoking. That makes a total of 4 young men getting into the habit for life.
2 picked it up in their early teens while hanging out with friends, before I got to know them. 1 used it as a life buoy during a relationship crisis this year. 1 picked it up in NS 2 years ago --- "I myself like.. can already".
Doing what I do in HPB, I know that it's a lose-lose situation once you pick up smoking. But teens don't care. Nothing you say matters, because they . simply . don't . care . Feel very sad and helpless to see what they're getting themselves into. But what can I do and who am I to nag them? That's also why I want to get out of my current job... I don't see it making a difference.
What can I do to make you hear me
What can I do to make you care
What can I say to make you feel this
What can I do to get you there
No more hoping, No more aching
No more nagging, No more trying
Maybe there's nothing more to say
And in a funny way I'm calm
Because the power is not mine
I'm just gonna let it fly
-- adapted from The Corrs "What Can I Do".
Labels: Nostalgic Nut