Irasshaimase!
This is Ping Teo's personal blog :)
You can email me at redlychee@yahoo.com.
>
Ah Meow has disappeared :( The ah pek who sits at her void deck told me that someone came and took her away. He wasn't an eyewitness himself but heard it from another void deck regular. Whether the person brought her home to rear or took her away, he couldn't be sure. My hubby and I now regret leaving Ah Meow there exposed to such harm, and worry about her plight. But it's too late to turn back the clock.
This morning we went to the SPCA to check out their cats. Maybe it's because we can no longer hope to see Ah Meow again, so we feel the need to project our 'love' onto another cat. Or maybe we want to quickly 'save' another cat before a life is lost again.
Spent about 3 hrs there playing with the cats and trying to imagine each of them at home with us. We didn't click with any of the older cats, and so narrowed down our choice to 2 kittens, 4-mth old Esther and 2-yr old Momo.
Momo was hesitant and reticent. Esther meowed and purred a lot, hence we liked her more. We carried Esther and tried to 'connect', but it didn't really go well for me. She responded more to my hubby though, looking up at him when he carried her.
After thinking for a long time, we signed to adopt her, with a 3-day 'cool-off' period. We can have up to Day 3 to confirm our decision.
During the consultation with the pet counsellor, a few issues were raised which we had not thought of previously. For example, someone has to be home with the kitten for at least a few days after bringing her home. And there is the matter of training the young kitten from scratch, as her habits will stay with us for up to 15 years.
By the time we left SPCA and were on the bus home, I had regretted signing on the dot. I was not ready for the amount of committment needed. Not at this point in time, when my job is killing me mentally. Not to mention that Esther was just the best of those available for adoption --- I didn't click with her. So I was not confident that I could love her through thick and thin for the years to come.
Perhaps we will make another adoption attempt when I finally leave my job and have time for the other things in life.
Labels: Animals Were Here First