
Haha. Wanted to post this up a long time ago but didn't manage to get a chance to download the pics (taken in my new flat!) from my digicam. Finally dyed one strip of my hair bright purple.
Well, it was supposed to be just one strip, but the stylist convinced me that it would be more worth it to do a bigger chunk at the back of my head, since the price is the same. For the rip-off cost of $85 (I was to discover later), that was certainly good advice.
Had DIYed a purple strip, but it washed out in 1 shampoo! I had followed the instructions and DIY bleached it before dyeing, but maybe cos it was cheap dye. So I figured I should go to the professionals for a more permanent result. I was wrong! Now it's faded to a pale violet as well. Maybe it lasted for about 10 shampoos, but it still wasn''t worth $85!
My colleague recommends using Fudge from Australia. Anyone knows where it sells here?
Anyway, it was fun while it lasted. At least I tested the boundaries with my boss. She actually didn't even comment on the dye job! Strangely unexpected.
The dye made me feel more 'me', at least I could express myself the way I feel like. But nope, the fact that my boss accepted it doesn't make me feel a wee bit more like staying on in my job. Bummer eh?
Labels: Designing My Future