Irasshaimase!
This is Ping Teo's personal blog :)
You can email me at redlychee@yahoo.com.
>
I had a funny dream last night. I dreamt of all my colleagues; I think Boss was bringing us on an excursion of sorts. When the trip was over, the sky had turned dark, so we were all walking downhill on this uneven and dingy road.
Suddenly the bright blue light of a taxi flashed in the distance and we waved frantically. The taxi slowed down, but before it could stop, 2 of my most kiasu colleagues intercepted and jumped into it. They drove off, leaving the rest of us stranded.
This dream was funny in a 'ha ha' way because these 2 colleagues are our publicly recognised super kiasus. That's in an I-can't-stand-him/her kind of way. Which is not good. Anyway, I think the dream stemmed from my experiences with the 2 of them this week.
On Saturday during our company event, the kiasu auntie colleague (let's call her 'C') practically chased me down the whole length of Botanical Gardens, just to get her hands on one of the picnic mat goodies that I was transporting (nope I didn't give it to her).
Yesterday the kiasu guy (let's call him 'R') pissed me off during lunch. We went to a food stall that always had a long queue cos the food is good. He usually will pass on lunch if the rest of the gang want to go there. Surprisingly he was on for it yesterday, but said he would catch up with us and told us to leave first.
When we were walking there, an SMS came with his order. Then it dawned on me. He didn't want to queue, so he cleverly sent us (all ladies) to wait first. True enough, he came 20 minutes later, but too bad, the food was not ready yet.
Bcos he was late, he took the last seat in the sun. It wasn't that hot, but he acted as if the hole in the ozone was right above him. He made us push the table back, forcing another colleague to encroach into the next table's space. The grandpa next door ended up moving into the sun.
We had ordered the same food. When the first plate came he grabbed it and started wolfing it down. I had to wait for the next round. After eating, the rest of us were not done, so he sat there impatiently. Once the last person laid down her spoon, he got up and left, walking ahead and out of sight.
Sometimes I feel like chortling him!
Labels: Being Random