Irasshaimase!
This is Ping Teo's personal blog :)
You can email me at redlychee@yahoo.com.
>
I shall blame it all on my Sec Sch buddy Weiling, who pulled me with her into the idol worship craze... I remember squeezing my way with her into the front line for 'mushroom-hair' Aaron Kwok's first appearance in Singapore. We happily took lots of photos with my super-zoom camera... so close enough that in every photo we could see his nosehair that badly needed trimming (not a pleasant memory!). Not to mention the afternoons spent raiding the memorabilia shop at Coronation Plaza when we should have been studying together at her place across the road.
Argh!!! All that precious pocket-money I wasted! Dug up a whole bag of them... 小虎队,林志颖, 金城武,田劲... photographic albums, posters, wall scrolls, badges, and 闪卡 from the 'turn-and-vend machine'. Haiyoh!!! And membership cards from record companies 风格, 宝丽金 and 可登, where we spent a lot of our time pestering the executives and feeling superior to be part of the 'insider' fanclubs.
But it was fun :) I'm glad I went through the phase, and now am able to empathise with teenagers who behave likewise. Just that it's scary how some people never grew out of it... like those aunties you see who stalk their idols. And new appreciation for my Dad, who saw his hard-earned money going down the drain on such rubbish, yet patiently let me indulge myself.
Labels: Nostalgic Nut