I happened to go past the Cathay building last weekend and popped into their gallery, a museum of sorts which showcase Cathay's history through the lives of its founder and the huge clan behind him. (I went to school for 10 years on the hill behind it, hence a fondness for this grand landmark.)
My favourite part is the 2 screen showing snippets from old movies, one focused on the Mandarin films, the other screening Malay films such as the legendary 'pontianak' movies.

I was very disappointed that the gallery does not sell souvenirs for us to bring home. It's a big waste, especially if I were someone of my Dad's generation --- I would love to bring something home to remind myself of those heydays of my youth.


It would be a lucrative business e.g. if they can reproduce the old movie posters of films like 《四千金》and 《Mambo Girl》. But maybe they're bound by some legal copyright limitations. What a pity.
Labels: Nostalgic Nut