11:19 pm Friday, May 04, 2007
Fate or coincidence?
I usually dislike going to town, especially Orchard Rd, during the peak hours. Not only do I have to squeeze with others (if the human traffic actually moves), it's a showcase for the most discourteous behaviour and all sorts of kiasuism. So why set myself up for more burst blood vessels.Recently though, I've learnt to enjoy the occasional jaunts in the City Hall area. It's not too crowded, the people aren't pretentious like in O.R., and I can actually get some errands done. Best of all, hitting the area after work and on weekends can sometimes reap me some nice surprises.Today I went down to check out some furnishings for our new place. While stuffing my face with a Vietnamese baguette and doing intensive window shopping in Raffles City, I heard someone calling me. It was a friend's friend from NAFA. I was surprised and touched that she even bothered. She was waiting for our mutual friend, just outside the shop I was targetting. But no fate, as this friend was late and still did not turn up when I had to leave for Marina Square. They would be heading there too, so we made a pact to see if we would bump into each other again.While walking Citylink, I bumped into a NAFA classmate, holding the hand of her guy friend. This very sweet guy had been with her as a friend for some time, patiently and silently waiting. It was nice to see that things had developed.Alas eventually I did not manage to meet my friend in either Marina Square or Suntec. But not bad for one night... I still have fate with 2 out of 3 :)Labels: Nostalgic Nut