3:05 pm Sunday, February 04, 2007
EEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Grossed out! Was playing with Orange as usual a few days ago, when a cockroach ran past us. I pointed it out to Orange, but he ignored me. A few seconds later however, he finally noticed the cockroach and went to chase and pounce on it.I nearly fainted when he caught it in his mouth and sat motionless. Then he put it on the floor, let it run around some more, chased it around the parked bicycles and pinned it down with his paw.Then he held it in his mouth and started walking towards me. Like how our life flashes pass in our last moments, I remembered reading in pet magazines that cats do that. They like to give their 'owners' presents to show appreciation or servility.So I ran. I looked Orange in the eye, and went "EEEEEEEEEEE! DIRTY CAT!", took my bag and ran. In my dust, I could see him tilting his head, looking lost and dejected.I didn't do it on purpose, but what was I supposed to do? Say "good cat" and hold out my hand for him to put the cockroach? Sorry, guess my instincts were stronger than logic. Although usually I'm not scared of cockroaches and am my family's official cockroach-catcher.I suspect it was the gross realisation that he sometimes kissed me with his cockroach mouth!!! Eeeew!!!! Well, at least it's not as bad as my colleague's case. Her cat used to catch chameleons from their garden, and try to give it to her. She said that once he chased her all the way to the upper storey of her house, and she had to lock herself in the room, saying "good cat" until he left the carcass there and went away proud and satisfied.Sorry Orange, no more kisses. He is turning out to be quite good at this cockroach thingy. Carcasses have been appearing around the bicycle area where he stays. So gross!!!Labels: Animals Were Here First