8:53 am Monday, November 27, 2006
Despiccck-kable
I am so angry. I am so pissed til I didn't feel like holding the lift door for anyone this morning and wanted to shout at people hogging the escalators. A big black cloud is hovering over my head.I've been feeding Ah Meow for a long time. Recently her food corner has been repeatedly tampered with. The bowls are cleared; sometimes just the food bowl, sometimes the water bowl too. I checked with the cleaners, it was not them. So from nightly feedings, I've been making the effort to feed her twice a day, in the morning before work and every evening on the way home. I walk around the estate meow-ing like a crazy hobo, til eventually she slowly yawns and lumbers out from under a cosy car. Which means that I'm often late for work when she does not respond fast.Then, when she comes, she sniffs at the dried food and is not interested in it. Which makes me suspect that someone else has been feeding her. Otherwise she will be so hungry that she will not be picky about food. The person probably has also been feeding her human food, so now she'll not settle for dried food anymore. Which makes me angry, cos dried food is best for domestic cats and feedling her human food might cut her life. And I cannot stop feeding her until this is confirmed, for fear that the other feeder is irregular and she may starve. It's immensely irritating to do so much, only to see your efforts sabotaged.
What took the straw was, this morning all my signages at her corner were removed, together with both bowls. Again, the cleaners say it was not them. I couldn't find Ah Meow to check if she was starving, but the cleaner saw her lazing around earlier, which means she is probably fine. So I left the food for her as usual, and came to work. We shall see tonight, if the sabotage has happened again.I am pissed because I have been feeding Ah Meow for the longest time, and everyone in the estate knows because they see me doing it. If someone else decides to feed her as well, I don't mind. But you don't have to throw away my stuff for fear that Ah Meow would still 'have loyalty' to me. That is so childish!If you have been trashing my stuff for a valid reason e.g. NEA officers have received complaints, as least have the courtesy to leave a note to inform me. But I seriously doubt that, as I've been keeping the corner clean, except for the efforts of the saboteur to mess up the area.I'm not sure what step to take now. I seriously suspect that someone is trying to get Ah Meow to switch loyalties. The collar my boyfriend and I put on Ah Meow (to prevent AVA people from culling her) disappeared mysteriously one day. It could not have dropped off as it had a double-locking system.One day I was playing with Ah Meow when an Ah Lian who was on her mobile just squatted down beside me, elbowed me away and 'took over'. The gall of some people. Maybe she's the one 'tempting' Ah Meow away from me.Well. If Ah Meow is happy with Ah Lian, I can let go. (If I wanted exclusive ownership, I should have brought her home.) But at least let me know, so I don't have to worry about her anymore. Grrrrrrr.Labels: Animals Were Here First