11:24 am Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Looking busy is hard work!
Har har har. A colleague pointed out yesterday that whatever's on my pc screen is actually reflected off the wall of an empty cubicle behind me. And here I was, secure in the knowledge that nobody could see my pc screen, blogging away during work hours while the whole world (especially the CEO) walks by. But gee. It's not my fault that I've got no work to do. At least I'm doing something conducive rather than staring into space or surfing nonsensical sites. Which begs the question: Why is it that I've got no work to do? I'm not complaining; I'm getting paid (well) for it! But this doesn't reflect well (pun pun pun) on my boss in terms of unnecessary HR expenditure. Oh well. None of my business. Let's just say that he has mastered the art of looking busy without actually completing a lot of work. (So busy that he needs a temp senior executive like me to help him out with coordinating meeting dates and taking minutes -__-") That is something that I'm finding very difficult to learn. Whoa, I'm more drained after a bored day than a busy one. Another one of life's mysteries.Hi, good morning CEO! *smile and switch to work window*Labels: Concrete Jungle